- When: Wednesday, 11 April 2018 at 7:00 pm CST
- Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK
- TV: FSOK
- Radio: WWLS The Sports Animal (98.1 FM, 640 AM, 930 AM (Spanish))
- Line: OKC -16.5 | O/U – 211.5
We’ve finally reached the end of the race. The Oklahoma City Thunder still have influence on where they finish, but outside of this game, it’s all dependent on a game that begins at 9:30 PM. As evident by the spread, the Thunder should win this game easily. The optimal word being should. As has been the norm this season, the Thunder have made it a habit of underperforming in games in which they are heavily favored.
With all that said, there is something on the line for this game. Lose, and they sink all the way down to no. 8 in the West. Win, and they at least give themselves a shot at home-court for the first round. Which considering the roller-coaster nature of this season, would make for a big win to end the season.
Previous Meetings: This is the fourth and final (duh!) meeting of the season between the Thunder and Grizzlies. The Thunder have swept the season series up to this point, but it has not been easy. The Thunder needed overtime to win in their first meeting 102-101. The second game in the season series went more according to plan, with OKC winning by 18. In the third meeting, the Thunder used a 19 point advantage in the 2nd quarter to hold on to win by 7.
Looking At The Numbers
1) 16 – The number of rebounds Russell Westbrook needs to average a triple-double for a 2nd consecutive season. You can bet the Grizzlies will be looking to stop Westbrook from reaching this mark.
2) 8 – The number of Grizzlies players out for this game.
3) 0 – Hopefully the number of injuries the Thunder have heading into the playoffs (excluding Andre Roberson, of course).